Announcing Your NAWGJ NorCal State Governing Board (SGB) for 2015-2017
NorCal State Judging Director -Lori O'Dell Email
Assigner -P.J. Slater
This is a crucial role in the effective and smooth functioning of the entire NorCal gymnastics community, the Assigner will ensure that every meet is scheduled properly and staffed with an appropriate panel of judges.
Administrative Coordinator -Melissa Marcucci
The Administrative Coordinator of NAWGJ is responsible for efficient functioning of and communication within the State Governing Board through a variety of duties. She is an essential part of the organization.
Website Director-Jeri Foley
This is an extremely important position, the Website Director will make our website accurate, informative and interactive. She will make sure our site has submitted content and value for visitors.
Education Lead -Kat Sgamba
The primary mission of NAWGJ is judges' education, and education is also at the center of our NAWGJ NorCal organization. We want to provide initial, thorough training for our new judges, and maintain consistent, continuing professional education for our entire membership.
The Education Lead will direct a team of education coordinators to ensure proper and accurate training is available to all members of our organization.
North - Kathy Lopes
South - Donagene Jones
Bay Area - Leesa Berahovich
The primary mission of NAWGJ is judges' education. With NorCal being such a vast and diverse community, it is essential that all NAWGJ members have equal opportunity to receive that education. In an effort to facilitate broad coverage of our geographical area and accommodate the large number of judges, we have elected three Education Coordinators to assist the Education Lead in carrying out her duties.
Athlete/Community Ambassadors -Rod Radunzel & Jennifer Battaglia
The candidates filling these positions will be responsible for representing NAWGJ NorCal with our athletes, coaches and community members. It is crucial that our judging community establishes and maintain successful, working relationships with our entire NorCal gymnastics community, and these board members will facilitate those efforts.
NAWGJ NorCal Assigner:
• Use database and computer programs to maintain a current contact list of all qualified and active judges
• Must disseminate to membership proposed meet schedule for respective season
• Gather and compile judging availability
• Responsible for timely and appropriate judging assignments for every NorCal meet, as well as timely notification of that assignment to respective judges and meet hosts.
• Maintain constant and open line of communication with the SJD
• Keep judging schedule current on website
NAWGJ NorCal Administrative Coordinator:
• Assists SJD on projects and research such as budget development, finances, meetings, training, fundraisers, etc. Ensures efficient completion of projects and research by deadlines.
• Attends all board meetings, and in the absence of SJD, the Administrative Coordinator presides and calls meetings to order
• Communicates proper notice of board meetings and ensures timely distribution of meeting agendas
• Records, manages and distributes organization's meeting minutes, as well as submits minutes for timely posting on website
• Maintains working knowledge of organization's records and related materials to support and advise on governance issues and meeting legal requirements
NAWGJ NorCal Website Director:
• Intensive, initial preparation of content for website
• Creates, collects and organizes material for submission to maintain an effective website
• Maintains open line of communication with the SJD at all times for direction and approval of website content
• Updates website as needed-at a minimum, weekly
NAWGJ NorCal Education Lead:
• Serves as the "point" judge in our community for all technical and education questions and issues, under the auspices of USA Gymnastics
• Oversees and manages a team of education coordinators representing the North, South and Bay Areas of NorCal.
• In conjunction with the SJD, establishes, provides and schedules educational opportunities for NorCal judges
• Updates Website Director as needed, at a minimum weekly, with technical updates, upcoming education events, and submits a monthly website column on a technical and/or education area of interest and/or concern
NAWGJ NorCal Education Coordinators (North, South and Bay Area):
• Assists the Education Lead in carrying out her/his duties
• Oversees and manages a bi-annual training session (one compulsory season and one optional season) in her respective region under the direction of the Education Lead and the SJD.
• Timely submits a summation of those training sessions (points of interest, pictures, etc.) to the Website Director for posting
• Serves as head mentor and support for judges in her respective area (location)
• In conjunction with the Education Lead and the SJD, ensures every new judge is partnered with a Level 10 or higher rated judge in her region who is geographically close for extra support
NAWGJ NorCal Athlete/Community Ambassadors:
• Build healthy relationships within the NorCal gymnastics community at large
• Serve as initial point of contact when concerns or issues arise re:athletes, coaches and/or community, diffuses those concerns/issues/channels to SJD
• Contribute quarter annually to the NAWGJ NorCal website with a story of interest
• Travel to assigned competitions, specifically serving as National Judges Cup Athlete Representatives:
• Attend the Level 7 Qualifier in December, contribute to and attend team/parent meeting after qualifiers are announced
• Attend National Judges Cup and accompany NorCal's Level 7 Judges Cup Team Athletes at the National Judges Cup in January of each year
• Help organize and assist with travel, accommodations, athlete activities before, during and after National Judges Cup
• Arrange and order athlete attire, bags, etc.
• Contribute story to the NAWGJ NorCal website on the trip and competition, as well as any pertinent information leading up to the event
MINUTES - Archive of past Board Meeting Minutes